Sunday, October 19, 2008

An Apple Cozy


Yep, that's what I did this afternoon. I usually indulge in a nap on Sunday afternoon, but today I decided to knit an apple cozy. A friend had showed me one a while back and it was so cute, and besides I am fixin to have so many other things that I really should be doing....So I got on the internet and found a couple of free patterns and looked at some cuter examples that didn't have free patterns and came up with my first prototype. It was a fairly relaxing experience, once I got past the first 3 rows or so. I'm sorry but juggling 4 double pointed needles when you only have 9 stitches is a little tedious. It took less than 2 hours, including interruptions (if I had been taking a nap, there would have been NO interruptions!) and hardly any yarn at all. So there you go, everyone knows what their Christmas present is going to be!


Well, it looks like everything is going smoothly towards closing on our house the 24th. It is so cute, Kevin has been stopping by the house on his way home from work. I guess he is test driving the ride "home".


I enjoyed listening to Kevin read some from Little House on the Prairie to our little boys this evening. It is fun to be going back through that series, yet again. There are so many good books we have read over the years. Some day when we are old and there are no children left in the house it will be fun to read to one another.


Courtney just went by announcing that tomorrow is the day of abundant laundry. Our day of rest is always followed by an abundant laundry day. This day of rest was good. Filled with the word and song.

No comments: