

It looks like we really will be closing on our house this Friday, the 24th. So far everything is moving along as it should or even faster. We got a favorable quote on getting the fireplace/chimney fixed. Got house insurance stuff lined out, a quote on fencing, have been looking at paint,....Fun times.
Kevin and I took a quick trip to DeGray Lake this week. It was fun to get away, relax, and just enjoy being together, just the two of us. Since the last 23 years have been cram packed full of kids, I was a little afraid we might not know what to do, but it was good. We went to see Fireproof before we came back home. It was good, I cried, they did a great job of balancing intense drama with intense dialogue.
Stephen turned 7 yesterday. Everyone has been decked out as cowboys, yes, EVERYONE, for the last 2 days. We had a little party and lots of fun. I'll try to post a picture.
It is interesting how quickly you can grow attached to an area. We have only been living down Hwy 67 for 5 months, but yesterday I was thinking I would really miss that drive when we move. It is a pretty, windy road dotted with quaint farms. I am partial to country roads and old farms. I don't know why the transition to AR is taking a whole year, but it is. This time last year there were just rumors that the Logansport mill might be closed. We would never have imagined at that time that we would be moving to AR and that it would take so long to get it done once the decision was made, but we have seen God's hand in it all. And we are content to rest there.
No comments:
Post a Comment