Hmmmm, I guess I need to get started on recording our AR adventures. Kevin has already been here 9 months and we (me, the girls, and the little boys) have been here 2 months. How can that be? But I will spare you all the getting caught up and begin with today.
The good news is I have not been sick in a long while. The bad news is I had a terrible cold last week. I had forgotten how debilitating a cold could be. The good news for my kids is that I crawled into my bed and covered up my head for several days. The bad news for my kids is that today I was feeling better. So yeah, it was time to crack the whip ~ laundry, vacuuming, bathrooms, you know the drill.
Tonight was Back-to-School Swim night with the El Dorado home school group. Their official name is H.E.A.R.T. (Home Educated and Righteously Trained, I like that.) Our first real contact with AR home schoolers, our first real contact with families with children (not counting pleasantries in the grocery check-out line). It really felt strange being the new kid on the block. Of course word got around quickly that we had SIX children, and 2 of them had already successfully finished High School. So the new family is really a veteran family. After almost 20 years of home schooling, I really don’t need a support group. I think I have the basics figured out. But wait a minute. We are now living in a small community where I don’t have ANY friends, no connections. And worse, my teen daughters don’t have any friends.
So, yeah, we need a support group. As a matter of fact, I’m going to the Camden support group meeting tomorrow night. Will someone please be my friend?
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment