I know this is probably against some blogger etiquette rule, but I'm playing catch up. Since this is suppose to be about our move and subsequent adventures, I thought I would say that we had a very successful weekend. Taking a load to the dump is always so satisfying. Also Courtney totally defrosted and cleaned out the deep freeze! Whooohooo! I totally decluttered my sewing/craft area. And no, there are no before and after pictures on that one. If you only knew, you would be trying to sign me up for therapy, and those of you that do know, don't tell.
So at the end of a long and satisfying day I was standing at the living room window. The full moon was flooding the pasture and you could make out the details of the trees on the edge of the woods. It was going on midnight as I relaxed and lingered there a moment. Then suddenly I was gripped with anxiety. A car had pulled into the driveway and turned off its headlights. I jumped back from the window and tried to take a breath. The car crept up the driveway. No we don't have any guns, no I don't even typically lock our doors, I had obviously failed to lock the gate at the road. Where was my cell phone? a baseball bat? I was poised to call 911. Trying to think of reasonable possibilities it occurred to me that it could be our college freshman son who thinks nothing of being out and about at midnight. As the front door opened I yelled from my hiding place, "Is that you, Evan?" Kevin looked around with a confused look. What? What in deed. Do you realize you could have been meet with a baseball bat?
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment