Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Month Past


Wow, who can believe that over a month has passed since I last posted. Such good intentions, but alas. In the last month we took a family vacation to Texas. Helped Ariel and Ramses get married, while we were in Austin we recieved the phone call that verified that we had SOLD our Mobile Home in Nac, went to an Astros game with Jim Mahood, Uncle Mark and all of his family (Astros were in the middle of a winning streak, yeah!). Emptied out the last of the stuff from the MH. Got to hit a couple of services at the Mission. Kevin recieved a wonderful gift. Went on a campout with the local homeschoolers and have been house hunting. And of course we have been squeezing in normal "school" stuff.


You know how when you travel some place new, you notice everything. But then after awhile you don't notice it any more? Well, ever since we first moved to AR I have had my eye on this pawn shop that we pass everytime we go into town. I thought that would make a fun picture, but then I never would do anything about it. Then I realized a couple of days ago that I was no longer noticing it. SO, today we stopped and took pictures. You just never know where those rascally bad guys might be hiding. Thankfully I almost always have a couple of cowboys with me.

The reason we got up and et em this morning is that today was the acclaimed Big Barn Sale. 40th year of the Biggest Craft Show in south AR! So yeah, it was fun. There was all the typical craft stuff, face painting, unusual jellies and jams, some really cool metal work, and a guy with a potter's wheel doing demonstrations. That is on my list of future professions or at least I would like to learn how to throw pots. He has some jars with unusual markings on them. He said he got that effect from putting horse hair on the ware when it came out of the 2nd firing (1200 degrees). Very Interesting. We were tempted to try the alligator on a stick, but it was too early in the morning. And the parking lot attendant got us stuck in the mud, but then he got us unstuck so no harm done.

As soon as I set my bread to rise, it will be time for the little boys to get haircuts. We have our first dinner invitation this evening. Getting to know new families is really lots of fun. I think this couple is close to 20 years younger than us, their youngest is Stephen's age. We've always said Owen and Stephen would keep us young if we could just survive it.


We are very thankful for God bringing a buyer for our MH, now we need for Him to unveil our new home here in AR. Have a Blessed Lord's Day.

No comments: