Friday was a very busy day. We were on the front steps of the bank before the doors opened. I know, you are thinking, how hard is that? Banker's hours, sheeeesh. But we are a shift work family where every day has a different beginning and ending. But anyway we got there early and then withdrew crazy amounts of money from every account that has our name on it. Scary. Then in a carefree and happy manner we drove to the Realtor's office.
You know the car and furniture places that advertise: interest free till 2009? Well for a moment it looked like we might be getting to live in our new house not only interest free, but payment free for the first YEAR! You should have seen the look on everyone's face when I pointed out that the legal document stated that the first payment was due December 1, 2009!
After signing a gazillion papers and turning over a large sum of money we were treated to great Mexician food. Isn't that great. Yes, there really is a great Mexican food restuarant right here in nowhere's ville Arkansas. Real Mexican food. My only complaint is the guac (I don't think it is real).
So as long as the giant fallen oak tree is really gone by Tuesday, then everything went smoothly and very quickly. The final contract was signed Oct. 8 and we closed Oct. 24. That is fast!
On the way home our landlady called to ask if she could show the house where we are currently living. In an hour? uuuuuggghhh, hmmm, well, uh, sure. So we relayed the info to the kids at home, who had dutifully been doing their schoolwork while we were gone all morning, yeah right ;) We actually got the house looking good by the time they arrived, which was also the time that Kevin needed to leave for work and was also the time I needed to leave to take Courtney to the pick-up point for her ride to Little Rock.
And then, Bethany, the little boys, and I drove to El Dorado for groceries (they have a super W-M and cheaper gas prices), home for a quick dinner, then off to a bowling B-day party. You know you have friends when you get invited to a B-day party (actually the pastor and his wife might have just been feeling sorry for us, but I don't think so). Then we came home and watched a movie. I know we're bad, but we just couldn't help ourselves. We are trying netflix, one month FREE! It was an interesting indie. Of course the Veggie Tales~ Pirates Who Don't Do Anything ,that we watched a few days before was TERRIFIC!
So it was an action packed day, oh, and I forgot to mention-it really started at 1 a.m. with Courtney waking me up saying she was having an allergic reaction. That lead to an ER visit and Kevin, Courtney and I not getting to bed until after 4. Thankfully Kevin had just gotten home from work. The great thing about allergic reactions is that modern medicine can reverse the effects very quickly.
So it looks like we will be living just North of Camden AR, in a community called Harmony Grove, doesn't that sound soothing. I guess I will have to change the header on my blog. We will officially NOT have to be the Fordyce Redbugs. We can choose between the Camden Cardinals and the Harmony Grove Hornets. Since I like red and birds I vote for Camden Cardinals!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We smile big with you and said a great big prayer of Thanksgiving today in church! As Mark said, God is not slow the way we count slow. Wonderful. But why did you have to point out that error? Surely it would have held up in court? Oh, yeah, honesty.
Post a Comment