Sunday, January 11, 2009

Clear and Cold

This morning we woke to another clear and cold day. I don't know if this winter the temperatures have been typical for south Arkansas. It seems like we have had many nights where the temperatures dipped down into the 20s. We have been enjoying our new fireplace insert. It is good for the pyromaniac in each of us to have a constructive outlet, not to mention the deliciousness of sitting in a warm and comfy living room.

For those of you who have been following our pain. The fence is almost complete. It is finally to the point where we can let the horses roam the whole pasture. Hopefully that will not become a bad thing [ie., we never fully finish the fence ;) ] The horses are delighted to be able to stretch their legs a little more and the neighbors all seem to be happy. Though we do have 5 acres we are by no means secluded. And we are very aware of being watched. A neighbor, who we had not meet yet, on the next block, who has horses, stopped by today to give his approval (code for: he had been monitoring our progress).

This morning we made the move to officially "join" the church we have been visiting for several months. We had mixed emotions. In some ways it feels like severing ties with our home church in Nac, though that is not really true. We are bound by the Spirit to that fellowship. We have shared too much with all those lovely people to ever not belong there. But the move this morning did symbolize that our lives are moving on. We are not altogether sure what God has in store for us but we know He is faithful and that He promises to finish the good work that He has begun. So we are looking forward to the new opportunities He will bring our way this new year in this new place.

I am continuing to make progress on my sock. It is really quite cute and I shall be happy even if I only accomplish making one (just kidding!). To add to my craziness I have also decided to try and propogate some pomegranates (now that I have finally learned how to spell pomegranates). And yes I know that seems totally random but things that stike one's fancy are often that way. I have never had a pomegranate tree before and many of my friends still do not have one. And I feel very confident that having one would make them very happy.

No comments: