Sunday, January 25, 2009

Listing Randomness


I woke up during the night and since I almost never do that, I thought it must be close to time to wake up. I started praying and mulling things over in my mind, but after what seemed like a very long time, there was no alarm and no sunlight. Imagine my horror when a glance at my watch revealed it was 3:30. How long had I been awake? And I wasn't feeling the least bit sleepy, blah! For some reason instead of counting sheep, honestly I don't know why anyone would count sheep, but anyway, instead of that, my mind turned to thinking about the latest "List" going around Facebook. 25 Random Things about yourself. I had decided that I wasn't going to participate, though I had to admit I had enjoyed reading a couple by friends. So here I was with time on my hands, hmmm, 25 things, that seems like a lot. And how random? Well, here are some of the things I thought of...

I stand in awe that the creator of the universe is a mighty warrior who sings songs of love over me.
I believe Jesus died for me.
I know God answers prayers.
I love the smell of nutmeg, wood, my husband (remember random).
I love the feel of a toasty, warm child's cheek, who has just woken up.
I love Dr. Pepper, I'm an addict.
I love chocolate.
I love to dance and sing, but not generally at the same time.
I love Nikes.
I love meteorite showers.
I think Napoleon Dynamite is funny.
I can not tolerate coffee, I mean, please, I don't need to cultivate any more vices!
I am the consummate procrastinator, I spend entirely too much time thinking about all the things I'm going to do.
I have spent almost 14 years of my life nursing babies (mostly mine).
I love to garden, bake, knit, milk goats, take photographs, and play with legos (is that cheating?).
I built a greenhouse with hand tools when I was 16.
I have helped over 100 women birth their children at home.
I have been blessed with incredible friendships.
I wish I could play the piano like Jordan and be as funny.
I wish I could play the piano like Heather and have her great figure.
I wish I could enjoy leisure like Evan and read as fast.
I wish I could ride a horse and laugh like Bethany.
I wish I could be as joyful and friendly as Courtney.
I wish I could be as random and content as Owen.
I wish I could be as selfless and sweet as Stephen.
I wish I could love as unconditionally as my husband.
I want all my children to have a heart for what God is doing in their generation, for God always sings a new
song!
When our family is all squeezing into the van or pouring out, we often sing "The Yerkes Family" to the tune of
The Adams Family. Da Da Da Dunt Clap Clap.

So, as you can see, I stayed awake a very long time. Then I was awakened again at 5:30 by Stephen, but that is another story.

So I'll leave you with this final thought, you might be from the country (nicer, than saying you might be a redneck) if you know that WD-40 is not a good fire starter. ;) Don't even ask.

No comments: